Crafts-to-Go kits are thoughtfully curated boxes with materials to create a stylish craft project at home. Each month brings an opportunity to learn a new arts and crafts technique like candle making, macramé, and more. The kits include all the supplies needed to make the craft, and instructions for crafters of all skill levels. They are convenient to pick up with a quick stop at the Ask a Librarian Desk. Once you’re finished, share your creation with us on social media using #pplcraftstogo.
How it Works
- Follow us on social media and make sure you are signed up for our e-newsletter to be among the first to find out what our craft will be. The Crafts-to-Go kits will be available for pick up at the Ask a Librarian Desk on the 2nd floor of the library on the first of the month. Any patron ages 18 and up can stop by during any of our open hours and grab a kit while supplies last.
- The kits include the main supplies you’ll need to make the monthly craft. We may ask you to provide your own items like a pencil, scissors, or tape. There may be some optional items like Mod Podge if you want to take your craft to the next level.
- Crafting is a social activity and we want you to share it with us! You can connect with us on Facebook, Instagram, or by email to get tips and give us feedback. Use the hashtag #pplcraftstogo to share your creation with us, and to see what other crafters made.
- When you’re done with your box, please return it to the library!
If you have an idea for a craft kit, feel free to contact us.
Flower Lantern Jars! Instructions can be found HERE.
Find previous instructional videos on our YouTube channel or watch below.
- February 2023 – Flower Lantern Jar – Instructions
- January 2023 – Snowflake Suncatchers – Instructions
- December 2022 – Embroidery Hoop Ornaments
- November 2022 – Decorative Birdseed Hanger
- October 2022 – Hand-Painted Candle
- September 2022 – Embroidered Lavender Sachet
- August 2022 – Globe and Tassel Garland
- July 2022 – Travel Journal
- June 2022 – Embroidered Felt Heron
- May 2022 – Mosaic Candle Holder
- April 2022 – Pressed Flower Resin Bookmarks
- March 2022 – Macramé Market Bag
- February 2022 – Observation Journals
- January 2022 – Peppermint Mocha Candles
- December 2021 – Gnome Sachet and Ornament
- November 2021 – Amigurumi Crochet Figurines
- October 2021 – Fox Sleep Masks
- September 2021 – Terrazzo Coaster
- August 2021 – Handmade Journal
- July 2021 – Color Block Candles
- June 2021 – Stenciled Tea Towel
- May 2021 – Stamped Clay Bowl
- April 2021 – Painted Rock
- March 2021 – Macramé Plant Hanger
- February 2021 – String Art
- December 2020 – Marbled Mug
This project is supported by the Arizona State Library, Archives & Public Records, a division of the Secretary of State, with federal funds from the Institute of Museum and Library Services.